Terms & Conditions
By using the shophandmadehawaii.com website (the “Website”), the service (the “Service”) or establishing an account with Shop Handmade Hawaii, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Shop Handmade Hawaii is multi-vendor marketplace, it is not a traditional “retailer” and does not directly sell any tangible products otherwise specifically stated. The listings found for sale on this website is provided by individual sellers who utilize this platform for the purpose of internet sales. Shop Handmade Hawaii is primarily a venue for entrepreneurs of handmade goods made in Hawaii to reach buyers. This website is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and does not transfer legal ownership of items from the sellers to buyers. This website provides a service to act as a facilitator of the sale. Shop Handmade Hawaii has no control over the items advertised, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items.
“Your Information” is defined as any information you provide on this website or other processes in the member registration, product listings (which includes photographs and descriptions), in any publicly accessible area (including the reviews) or through any email or form function that you utilize. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and Shop Handmade Hawaii acts as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information.
“Your Activities” include, for example, listing and purchasing items, posting reviews, emailing members, contacting sellers and making donations or utilizing any forms made available to you.
In the event of a dispute arising between you and Shop Handmade Hawaii, please contact us, email@example.com and we will work towards a resolution. We encourage you to directly resolve buyer-to-seller disputes independently. If a resolution cannot be met, Shop Handmade Hawaii can be consulted for a final determination decision. If we are consulted for a final determination decision, you will release us from any claims, demands, and damages arising out of disputes with other users or parties.
General Overview: Terms
- You acknowledge that you must be 18 years or older to use this site or to establish an account.
- You acknowledge that you bear sole responsibility for keeping your password secure.
- You agree not to use this website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links or any other content that you submit or display on the Website.
- You agree not to modify, adapt or hack shophandmadehawaii.com or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Shop Handmade Hawaii.
- You agree not to solicit, harass or impersonate Shop Handmade Hawaii members.
- You agree not to transmit any malicious code or viruses of a destructive nature.
- You agree to use the Website at your own risk.
General Overview: Conditions
- Shop Handmade Hawaii reserves the right to modify or terminate any service for any reason at any time, with or without notice.
- Shop Handmade Hawaii reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The Service makes it possible to post images hosted on Shop Handmade Hawaii to outside websites. This use is accepted. However, pages on other websites which display images hosted on Shop Handmade Hawaii must provide a link back to Shop Handmade Hawaii from each photo to its product listing page or shop page on the Shop Handmade Hawaii website.
- You can remove your profile at any time by requesting an account deletion. This will also remove any private information you have stored in the system (orders, images, listings, wishlist, messages, etc.) By uploading images and item description content to Shop Handmade Hawaii, it will become publicly accessible and we reserve the right to display the images and content in email communications and our social media accounts managed by Shop Handmade Hawaii.
- All Shop Handmade graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks.
- Shop Handmade Hawaiiʻs trademarks or name may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
II. Membership Eligibility
Membership is free, but available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Our services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended Shop Handmade Hawaii members. If you are a under the age of 18, you can use this service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. If you do not qualify, please do not use this website. Vendor eligibility is limited to those sellers who reside within the state of Hawaii and adhere to our product guidelines as outlined within this document.
III. Product Guidelines
The products offered by the Seller must be made locally. This means that the products you sell must be designed and produced by the seller, or a small group of individuals, or employees. Sellers may alter ready-made goods with their own designs but production should not be outsourced or mass produced, with exception to the use of printing services for items like: art prints, stickers, stationery goods, etc.
Shop Handmade Hawaii also allows the sale of supplies that can be used for creating handcrafted goods. Supplies do not need to be handmade, but must ship from Hawaii. Drop shipping is prohibited.
PPE items such as face masks and hand sanitizers, are not medical-grade and do not promise medical or health protections. This website is not responsible for the accuracy, labeling, or content of perishable goods sold. Consult with the seller with any questions prior to your purchase.
This is a list of prohibited items. This list is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time.
- Materials exhibiting and discriminatory characteristics or content
- Pornographic materials
- Firearms, ammunition, and poisons
- Stolen goods
- Items infringing others Intellectual Property Right including pirated software and recorded materials
- Illegal and prescription drugs
- Items which cannot be legally sold or distributed under Applicable Law
- Animal or human remains
IV. Purchasing/Buyer Obligations and Guidelines
A buyer is obligated to immediately pay in full if when making a purchase on Shop Handmade Hawaii, unless prior agreement is made directly between the buyer and seller for alternative arrangements.
A seller must abide by all of Shop Handmade Hawaiiʻs policies and the seller’s own individual shop policies and sell and the item as described. Likewise, a seller must abide by the seller’s own individual policies when dealing other issues, for example, issues of damage and returns.
Buyers remorse is not a valid reason for requesting a refund from a seller. Prior to making a purchase, buyers should review all sellers policies regarding refunds, returns, and seller policies.
V. Listing/Seller Obligations and Guidelines
Unless granted an exception by Shop Handmade Hawaii, this website requires all seller accounts to provide a valid credit or debit card for the purposes of verification of their identity, and for payment of fees and services rendered.
You are responsible for paying all fees associated with using Shop Handmade Hawaii’s service. To be an active seller on Shop Handmade Hawaii you will be required to have an active Seller Plan subscription. The fees for the Seller Plan subscriptions are automatically deducted from your provided credit card and may be terminated at any time. Shop Handmade Hawaii applies a 3% transaction fee to the products that are sold on this website. This fee is calculated on the product prices of the item(s) sold, this fee does not apply to taxes or shipping fees.
Shop Handmade Hawaii utilizes Paypal and Stripe as a payment processor. These third-party processors calculate fees on the total amount of a transaction and follow independent fee structures. Please visit their websites for more details: Stripe, Paypal.
Listings: You must be legally able to sell the item(s) you list for sale on the Site. You must describe your item and all terms of sale on the listing page of the Site. Your listings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures and other content relevant to the sale of that item. All listed items must be listed in an appropriate category. Each listing must accurately describe the item/items for sale in that listing.
Seller Obligations: All sales are binding. If you, as a seller, receive an order and you are obligated to complete the transaction with the buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance that is communicated and acceptable for the buyer.
Suspensions and Termination: Shop Handmade Hawaii may in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your account with or without notice if any of our policies are violated.
VI. Referral Program
Shop Handmade Hawaii automatically enrolls all members, both buyer and sellers into our free referral program. The program is optional to use and is provided at no cost to our participants. Each member is provided with a unique referral link, if a new buyer completes a purchase using a provided referral link, the referring member will receive credit for the referral. At the end of the each month, all eligible members with a referral credit for the current month will be entered into a drawing and will be selected electronically to win a prize valued up to $25.
Shop Handmade Hawaii offers all visitors (members and non-members) an opportunity to make a donation to a local charity. Donations can be made upon checkout or on our Quarterly Giving page, found here: https://shophandmadehawaii.com/quarterly-giving/. Donations are made to selected charities once every quarter of the year. At the end of the term, all donations will be forwarded to the receiving charity. We will provide you with an electronic receipt for your donations that can be obtained via email or through your account on this website. In addition, we will also provide you with an annual receipt for your records. Shop Handmade Hawaii does not represent any of the charities that appear on this website. Shop Handmade Hawaii does not provide any tax advice on obtaining a write-off for your tax filing and encourage you to speak with a tax consultant or refer to federal guidelines for further information.
No Warranty: Shop Handmade Hawaii’s website and services are provided “as is” and without any warranty. We do not guarantee that: (1) The services will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (2) is free of error, or that any defects or errors will be corrected at a particular time (3) the service will be free of viruses or other harmful materials. .
Liability Limits: To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Shop Handmade Hawaii or any administrative staff shall be held liable for any lost profits or revenues, or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the services or these terms.
Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold Shop Handmade Hawaii and its administrative staff harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this agreement or the documents it incorporates by references, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
Legal Compliance: You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items.
Questions or Concerns: Please contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org